[NAFEX] grafts-- be patient

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sun May 29 18:37:37 EDT 2005

Be patient the year you do the graft, AND the next year.  Scions can be slow
to show growth the spring they are grafted, but also may not really take off
until the next spring.  Some of mine which grew less than 1" per bud last
year (and which I nearly pruned off to take to a grafting class as demos of
poor grafts) have put on a lot of new growth this season already.

Also, when did someone last post a reminder to water rootstocks with new
grafts?  We were short on rainfall here until we got 1" & 2" some places,
and then plants doubled in size almost overnight.

tc, sWI z4-5, just add water