[NAFEX] Deer Repellent

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu May 26 08:58:14 EDT 2005

Straining the egg mixture isn't necessary if you blend the egg-water
mixture in a blender, then add more water in the sprayer.
=Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
On May 26, 2005, at 5:54 AM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2005 05:28:58 -0700 (PDT), Del Stubbs
<northernlights2n at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I find spraying upside down so bottom of leaves is coated seems to
> make repellant sprays last longer.  Couple eggs in a gallon of water
> with a bit of garlic thrown in, is a  friends' sucessful recipe.

Hello,

I believe many States and the National Forestry Service use the same
spray.

An effective deer repellent can be made by mixing whole eggs with tap
water to form a 20 percent solution; strain and spray.

The rotting eggs emit a smell that is either similar to a deer panic
scent, or extremely unpleasant to them (cannot remember which is
correct).

It has to be reapplied after rain.

However, if food pressure is high, nothing will stop them.  You can
only deter them.  I have seen them feeding in farmers fields even while
a combine is rumbling around.

Nothing better than venison summer sausage.

Later,
Tom

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions. ----