[NAFEX] Plantskydd - Deer Repellent

Biz Storms biz.storms at sympatico.ca
Wed May 25 08:37:59 EDT 2005

Paul,

I have used Plantskydd with great success. While the smell does linger for a
day or two, the effects on repelling deer was remarkable and it was
effective for months. We sprayed on the trees and around the perimeter of
the orchard, as well. There wasn't single nibble and my trees sailed through
the fall untouched, unlike the previous year where we lost an entire year's
growth on about half the trees. I'll be applying to our orchard in the next
week, with a follow-up application or two, summer and early autumn. A few
words of advice - if you use the powdered form, start with a small amount of
water and powder - to make a paste. Rather like when you make gravy. Then
add in water and powder, alternating, until you get the amount you need. If
you add water to the entire amount, it lumps up like crazy and also goes
quite frothy. The paste way takes a bit of stirring, but saves you from
having to deal with lumps. Also, rinse out your sprayer really well, since
the smell of dried blood attracts the flies. ( Think Alfred Hitchcock.)
They also have a liquid form, which makes things easier, but it depends on
what quantity you need.

Cheers, Bizmark. Creemore, Ontario.  Zone 5