[NAFEX] apple trees for zone 4

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 22:18:36 EDT 2005

Derry. I am envious of the 3' snow cover she gets, don't know what size trees she id
after. With snow cover I'd consider bud 9 or even m 26. I saw plenty  of bud 9 and ottawa
3 in Sask, with no reliable snow cover. Much of my planting's rootstock  is renetka, and
a new batch of Bud9.
 I will be posting apple results later from our  -43F bottom winter once its clear all
the blooming is done - it's midway now. So far results are very encouraging for the first
real bloom on my experimental orchard.
Del z 2/3 n MN

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3   N. MN