[NAFEX] psychology for problem trees

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon May 23 11:15:32 EDT 2005

At 10:06 PM 5/20/2005, Donna wrote:
>After all, if you have waited 10 years and have a
>nice big tree, it seems silly to chop it down and start over with another
>tree.
>P.S.  Lucky, I suppose you have considered ringing it?  What are the chances
>of something getting in the wound if he does, like Blackknot?

Oh, I'm not gonna chop it down - I'll treat it just like the peaches &
pluots and hope that a borer or gummosis will strike and take it out.  If I
recall correctly it(or maybe it was one of the other plums) has some black
knot - minor infection - and I pruned most of it off last year.
Maybe I'll just threaten it every time I pass it on the way to the
mulberries or the nursery beds, and see what it does.

Lucky