[NAFEX] I found a thornless raspberry in the woods

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon May 23 00:18:28 EDT 2005

The thornless raspberry here in the NW is the Thimbleberry.  It doesn't
cross  readily with cultivated species anyway.  Though the flavor
varies with where the plants grow and with individual selections.
Fruit aside, the plant is often used as an ornamental as the large
leaves and large white blossoms are quite attractive, and it will grow
in partial shade.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.