[NAFEX] Prunus americana availability.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri May 20 11:08:00 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/20/2005 7:19:13 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
machelp at attglobal.net writes:

> Jerry, can you comment on your P. Americanas as grown in your area?
> Charlie Paradise, Massachusett

Hi Charlie,

It is just run of the mill P. americana. Does fruit, small, red, sweet, more
like bushes than trees, spreads well with underground runners. Have grafted
twice onto. Only one exists at presently, a peach plum hybrid. As someone else
reported, no fruit, but I feel strongly due top lack of proper pollinator,
nothing to do with the understock.

I would expect a vigorous species grafted to it would overgrow the
understock.

Jerry