[NAFEX] I found a thornless raspberry in the woods

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri May 20 08:37:27 EDT 2005

FWIW, I worked at a berry nursery for a time and learned that
raspberries don't root well from cuttings.  The plants are always
divided or grown from root pieces.  In fact, whenever bundles of
dormant raspberry plants were trimmed for packing, the trimmed-off
roots were saved and stored until spring.  At planting time, they just
dug a furrow and spread the chopped-off roots in it.  By fall, the
furrow was full of small "one year" size raspberry planting stock.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.