[NAFEX] Allelopathic Sunflowers?

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Thu May 19 20:38:25 EDT 2005

Doreen wrote:

Sunflowers can be allelopathic to weeds and some crops, I've read...

Doreen,  If my memory serves (which is ever less likely), it is a substance
in sunflower seed hulls that suppress the growth of some plants. Or so I've
heard.  Sincerely, dylan ford

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.