[NAFEX] Allelopathic Sunflowers?

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Thu May 19 17:50:24 EDT 2005

Hi Doreen,
I had sunflowers scattered in amongst my nursery stock beds last year and they did
fine. I would temper this by saying I have very fertile soil in my garden/nursery
and there were probably only two dozen sunflowers. I just throw the seed around for
fun with my sun from low germ lots I get at work free. These were
either "tarahumara" (sp?) or "mammoth grey stripe" varieties. Oh yes and "prado red
sun"!
Seems okay...
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine