[NAFEX] fungicide or antibacterial? (fireblight)

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Thu May 19 10:28:19 EDT 2005

At 02:58 PM 5/18/2005, Tom wrote:
>As far as I know, copper is not good for many living things.

Tom,
As is the case with so very many 'poisons', the dosage is the important thing.
Copper is an essential micronutrient for both plants and animals, required
as a co-factor for various enzyme systems, etc.
Copper deficiency is a very common finding in all livestock species in my
area of the country, unless they are adequately supplemented with an
appropriate copper source - our soils are Cu-deficient, and thus, our
forages are likewise.
Too much copper, however, can be a bad thing.

Lucky