[NAFEX] fungicide or antibacterial? (fireblight)

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 11:59:46 EDT 2005

Reading the paragraph below reminded me of a comment in the current
'Pomona'.  The fireblight article recommends spraying copper fungicide.
Fireblight is a bacterium.  Fungicides kill fungi, not bacteria.  Is the
fungicide spray intended to promote over-all health of orchard?

Another question which the fireblight article prompts me to ask is about the
rubbing alcohol.  I was taught you need to soak anything in rubbing alcohol
for half-an-hour, to sterilize.  Does anyone know if this is right?