[NAFEX] beginner's apple grafting report

tin man magneticanomaly at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 15:45:07 EDT 2005

Just don't touch the cut surfaces, holding the pieces elsewhere is no problem.

Thomas Olenio <tolenio at sentex.net> wrote:On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:11:07 -0700 (PDT), tin man
wrote:

> The other indispensable tip that I got after my first year was DON'T
> touch the cut surfaces with fingers. I don't know if its the salt or the
> oil, . But with the soft plastic wrap and the no-touch policy, success
> went up from 50% to 80-90%

Hi,

How do you not touch the scion or rootstock? Latex gloves?

Do you have a trick for that as my fingers have to fiddle with the
carpentry and putting it in place.

Thanks,
Tom

All other messages are discarded.