[NAFEX] That big freeze no one talked about (not bad here)

Rodney Eveland reveland at collinscom.net
Sat May 14 18:35:28 EDT 2005

Although we still have patches of snow on the ground from our storm
last Thursday, the apple trees, and Montmorency are still blooming.
Surefire is budding, and Black Gold, Bali and Reliance buds are
preparing to open in a few days from the looks of things. The
weatherman is predicting lows in the 40s for the next week and the
birds are singing (just like me).  Most of the plum tree blossoms are
toast except for Stanley and all of the Green Ash buds are toast. The
pear trees survived although it looks like fire blight has found them.
All in all things aren't too bad.  I too failed to see what happened
in your area. How did your plants do?

Rodney in Northeast Wyoming