[NAFEX] things that eat earthworms

kieran or donna redherring at tnaccess.com
Sat May 14 07:49:56 EDT 2005

I seem to recall reading of a black
 worm that lives in the ground that devours earth worms. I also seem to
recall
 it is larger than what you described. It may not be native to US.

This is probably the critter that accidentally got imported to England I
think, so I would have heard about it way back 20 years ago when it had
people scared, and then I think it showed up in the US.  Oh, here it is:
http://www.scri.sari.ac.uk/SCRI/web/site/home/ResearchAreas/MGOE/PSI/soilecology/Flatworms.asp

and here is more info: http://www.dardni.gov.uk/pa2002/pa020079.htm
and the possibility that native beetles will control them:
http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/agricultural_sciences/report-12677.html

And I came across a passing reference to some from Indochina that have
appeared in the southern US, here is all I could find on that one, look on
down the page for the photo:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about21679-40.html
Donna