[NAFEX] little dark worms

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 16:12:01 EDT 2005

I agree with the advice to watch & learn, and ID the worms before you just
kill them all.  I found something fitting this description-- a "nest" of
many small larvea which alarmed me by their numbers.  Before I could ID them
the ground-feeding birds (like tohees, maybe) scratched up the duff and ate
them.  Never found out if these worms were something beneficial or harmful
for my plantings, but they sure benefited the tohee.