[NAFEX] Clove Currant and Autumn Olive ID Help

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Wed May 11 10:28:22 EDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:15:11 -0500, Scott Williamson
<ScottW at acespower.com> wrote:

> It seems the general consensus is that there are a lot more wild berries
> that are safe to eat that I was led to believe growing up.

Hi,

Children are not trusted to pick out what is good and bad in the wild.
Kids in general are too far removed from nature (since around 1930) to
make good decisions in that area.

It is easier to tell kids to eat nothing, than teach them what is good.

Growing up, my mother was always in a panic about food going bad.  You
could not turn around before she threw out leftovers.  I married a woman
with a frugal mother, and learned that things are safe for a long time if
treated properly.

Later,
Tom