[NAFEX] Plum Pollenation Question

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Wed May 11 09:30:00 EDT 2005

Jim,

Although I maintain a couple hives for pollination--I notice that small
native bees are the most frequent visitors to my plum blossoms.  I
occasionally find honeybees on them, but not too often.

I presume that you have the native bees as well--maybe you could observe
them closely to see if they're only going after pollen or if they're finding
nectar, too.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI