[NAFEX] Plum Pollenation Question

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Wed May 11 09:31:46 EDT 2005

Jim, I also have plums and black currants. I see many bees in the plum
blooms, but I have mason bees. They are very good for early blooming trees, they
get out and work when honey bees just won't do it. I also have a lot of
bumblebees. They are really the best if the pollinators. BTW, black currants are
mostly self pollinated, there has been mention that you need two varieties, but
I doubt that. There may be a very few varieties that need cross pollination,
but  most don't.

Ed Mashburn
PA Zone 5/6
Where we really need rain