[NAFEX] soaking scions

David Doud doudone at netusa1.net
Fri May 6 15:39:00 EDT 2005

...finally learns not to draw the knife towards any part of ones body,...
actually,  in this particular instance,  I folded my small knife into the tip of my ring finger - topworking is always challenging,  working in the field with stocks of varying sizes,  trying to keep track of all the tools - and you can't draw the stock thru the knife when it's planted in the ground,  so I just put a wrap of grafting tape around my thumb in the strategic spot - I didn't do any bench work this year so I'm rusty anyway - sure was pleasant out tho - -