[NAFEX] soaking scions

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri May 6 12:25:16 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/5/2005 9:05:56 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
doudone at netusa1.net writes:

> after doing some topworking this afternoon,  I am reminded of my strategy -
> I keep the scions soaked up in my blood...

True, which makes it funny. Until a beginning grafter finally learns not to
draw the knife towards any part of ones body, especially the thumb, place a
band aid on the thumb before starting to work. Prevents minor cuts.

On large scion material, draw the scion through the knife, not the knife
through the scion. Takes practice.

Also carry band aids in the grafting tool box.

Jerry