[NAFEX] Cats catching rodent girdling trees

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Fri May 6 08:52:33 EDT 2005

   I have two cats, only one of which is grey (color doesn't matter).  I
keep them well fed and there isn't a rodent to be found on the property.
They prefer fresh meat to cat food so they are always on the prowl.  Both of
my cats are neutered males.  I once had a better mouser; it was a female
and, when she had a batch of kittens, she'd catch and bring critters nearly
every day.  Rabbits are my biggest problem for girdling trees because they
chew at the top of the tree protectors - and that momma cat would drag home
rabbits that were bigger than her.

--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm