[NAFEX] hungry voles and tasty trees

Pat Meadows pat at containerseeds.com
Fri May 6 07:58:44 EDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005 18:05:14 -0400, you wrote:

>A good hunter will hunt even if well fed. A poor hunter will not hunt
>well even if hungry. Please don't get a cat in order to keep it half
>starved. (A cat in poor condition is likely to be a worse hunter,
>actually, as it hasn't the strength or reflexes of one in good shape.)

I know this is true from experience - well, half of it
anyway, i.e., that a good hunter will hunt even if well fed.

We feed our cat as much as she wishes (canned food twice a
day, and kibble at will) and she hunts all day long with
great dedication and skill, and kills many voles and mice.

She brings all her catches home and leaves them on the front
porch:  that's how we know she kills so many.  She would
rather bring them inside the house, but has resigned herself
to the fact that we don't allow this.  She does not eat her
catches, except for the very occasional nibble.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.