[NAFEX] Freezes

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Thu May 5 19:33:42 EDT 2005

I just checked my buartnuts.  They had all leafed out a couple weeks
ago (almost a month earlier than usual) & all of the immature leaves
are froze off.  I can't picture it putting out new leaves very
quickly...maybe the trees will just be bare all summer.  An early May
freeze is fairly typical here, but the 3 week warm spell before the
freezes was extreme.