[NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed May 4 11:46:37 EDT 2005

At 10:33 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
>So many ways to do grafting.  I use grafting/budding rubber and Parafilm
>also, but I do my layers in the opposite order.

I used to do 'em that way, too, but found that *I* don't dislodge things as
badly with the Parafilm as I do when torquing the rubbers on there, so I
usually do the Parafilm first, anymore.

I don't do many cleft grafts, other than on things like hawthorn - I can
never get the bark to 'slip', so bark grafts don't work well, and the wood
is so hard that I have a difficult time doing whip & tongue grafts with
them.  Mulberry cleft grafts nicely, but I still prefer bark grafting.

There are probably as many ways to graft as there are people grafting.
  You betcha.  We all pick what seems to work best in our own hands.

Lucky