[NAFEX] Clover Mix while you order peach tree borer traps and lures

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Mon May 2 14:05:09 EDT 2005

If any of you like growing clover, I want to add to what Stephen said about groworganic.com is they have a dynamite clover mix, # SCM200, coated Dryland Annual Clover Mix.  Despite the "annual" label, I planted this mix in front of picture window here in Massachusetts on 19 August 2004, about 80% came up again this spring, and today, some weird spiky blooms appeared off some of the plants.

Why do I grow a mix?  Because last year I grew some red clover that never amounted to much, then somebody told me it won't grow in hot weather...so I grow a mix so SOMETHING out of the mix will likely thrive.  Never again will I plant a single variety clover.

By the way, does anybody know if clover will grow where a Black Walnut was just cut down?
Charlie Paradise