[NAFEX] Killing Poison Ivy Organically

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Mon May 2 08:52:17 EDT 2005

I am not sure the temp equation adds up because we experience much colder temps
in various parts of Maine, and Poison Ivy grows throughout the state. I actually
live in a valley where there is none, and then the mountain nearby is crawling
with it in places. And I have seen it on very windswept open areas at other high
elevation. So the elevation thing doesn't correlate here either. I am not sure
what the magic combo is, but it seems opposed to undisturbed forests, while
rapant on buffer areas and orchards and waterways. Soil PH or fungal presence
limiting growth? Smothering by repeated leaf droppings and subsequent moldings? I
have more problems with clematis and virginia creeper.
Heron, in Maine where we are getting our water everday.

On Sun May  1 15:48 , list at ginda.us sent: