[NAFEX] "Roundup"/trunk diameters

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 11:49:58 EDT 2005

I'm intrigued.  Glyphosate at higher concentrations is great for cut-stump
treatment of undesireable woody vegetation, and it works best in late summer
& autumn, because it is pulled down into the roots.  Where I've resorted to
glyphosate to control garlic-mustard, all woody plants with small
trunks/stems in the spray site get killed too, at the regular weak
concentration for herbacious weeds, and sprayed in spring (May).

How can you spray thin trunks in autumn, and they survive?  Can you give
details, on- or off-list, about the exact product you use?  For example--
RoundUp or generic, what concentration, what carriers/ surfactants, any
other variables?