[NAFEX] Spring pest questions

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun May 1 11:25:30 EDT 2005

Sounds like apple mosaic virus.  It often shows up in the new foliage,
then symptoms disappear as the season progresses.  I have trees with it
and they show no distress or lack of productivity from it, though I
never give scionwood from those trees.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
On May 1, 2005, at 7:31 AM, list at ginda.us wrote:

> 4.  Does Ashmead's Kernel have variegated leaves?  I figured the
> answer is "no" and I just got some virus-infected scionwood, but I
> wanted to check to see if my roguing was justified.

My Ashmead's Kernal does not have variegated leaves.  Neither does the
one tree at the local PYO place that grows it.  From where did you get
your scion wood?  (If it's a commercial place that other NAFEXers might
shop at.)