[NAFEX] Duke cherries.

kieran or donna redherring at tnaccess.com
Wed Jun 29 23:43:43 EDT 2005

I seem to have one.  I found a tree years ago that had sweet cherry leaves,
but the fruit spurs were like sour cherry and it blooms later than my sweet
cherries.  I got a sprout from it, the original was bulldozed  of course,
the fate of most trees in Cookeville these days.  My tree hasn't fruited,
but it did make a sprout which I planted.
The cherry consultant in Idaho told me he had 14 different Dukes.  He said
they were "common".  It made me want to go kick the tree that had gotten me
all excited, but I have found they are not at all common here.    Donna