[NAFEX] grafting

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 12:36:59 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/19/2005 11:19:03 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
shelly2 at wi.rr.com writes:

> I am getting pretty poor takes on my grafting efforts.  Awhile back someone
> mentioned loosening their grafting rubbers and stuff came to life.  I am
> wondering if this is my problem.

Hi Michelle,

I highly doubt if that is your problem. When grafting I pull the grafting
rubbers very tight, also vinyl electrical tape. However grafting rubbers can
cause girdling if covered so it doesn't decompose. And girdling doesn't take place
until the new scion is growing and enlarging well.

Jerry