[NAFEX] soil testing

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Fri Dec 30 13:53:52 EST 2005

To,

We do something similar to the larger commercial farm, except without the
GPS, etc..  We have 2 main orchards of 11,000 trees covering about 100 acres
total which you can see at
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com/pdf/upickguide.pdf.  Each 50 acre parcel
is divided into zones for soil testing and irrigation.  We have a total of
12 zones, each 50 acre parcel with 6 zones each.  We take soil samples from
each zone as well as leaf samples and send them to
http://www.algreatlakes.com/main.asp for analysis.  They give us our
analysis by zone and we then follow their recommendations.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com