[NAFEX] soil testing

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Fri Dec 30 09:13:32 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

When dealing with 1-1/2 acre how many soil tests do you do?

On a more modern, commercial farm many soil samples would be taken in a
grid format, the soil test results fed into an onboard tractor computer,
and a GPS system would guide the tractor through the tested area, blending
fertilizer specific for each grid point, as per the soil test results.

What is optimal soil testing for the rest of us?

Later,
Tom