[NAFEX] Info on "Stringfellowing" root pruning?

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 20:46:23 EST 2005

The Stringfellow method is mentioned on page 34 of the excellent book
Science and Fruit Growing by the Duke of Bedford and Spencer
Pickering, published in London in 1919. The reference is to The New
Horticulture written by H. M. Stringfellow, Galveston, TX, and
published in 1896. The method was evidently tested out by various
experiment stations around the country, with unfavorable results in
some places and favorable results elsewhere.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden