[NAFEX] Info on "Stringfellowing" root pruning?

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:23:30 EST 2005

Please respond to the list and to the individual at the end of this request,
if you can help him.
Thanks!

I am currently assisting in some research into the transplanting of trees
and am trying to discover the precise  identity of the Professor
Stringfellow who advocated the fairly drastic root pruning of fruit tree
transplants such that the term "Stringfellowing" was invented to describe
it.

I would be most grateful if you could put me in touch with someone who
might have the information I am seeking. Full name, appointment and any
publication details would be most valuable.

I apologise for this intrusion into your valuable time, but I don't know
where else to go to find out.

Many thanks.

Sincerely yours,

Mark Hendy