[NAFEX] Prunning Raspberry

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Dec 24 12:41:02 EST 2005

I grow an early raspberry variety, It bears in june, and sometimes it
bears a light crop in late sumemr. (Not sure of the name). I'm not sure
how to properly prune raspberry, I usually pull out the dead canes in
early spring. The bush gets really long in the summer. I've heard of
people cutting it down in spring so the bushes don't grow too long.

Can that be done with an early bearing variety? Or should I wait until
after fruiting to cut them down to the ground?

Thanks

Bass Samaan

zone 6, Bethlehem, Pa