[NAFEX] Paw Paw wood

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Sat Dec 24 07:44:22 EST 2005

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Chris, I've not seen it used commercially, and have seen very few trees that attained
sufficient size to yield lumber in the order of much more than a couple of 2x4s
or 2x6s. However, one of my coworkers has a large 'walking stick' of pawpaw wood,
which has that neat, characteristic spiral appearance formed when a vine winds it
way around a young sprout, constricting and growing into the young tree.  This one
is close to 6 inches in diameter - really too large to use effectively as a walking
stick - but is remarkably light in weight.  Lucky