[NAFEX] Phosmet and Mad Cows

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri Dec 23 22:39:06 EST 2005

For an even creepier hypothesis as to the origin of mad cow
disease. . .There was an article in "New Scientist" a few months ago
suggesting that British cattle feed contained animal material from
bones, etc. collected in India, along the river.  Along the same
river that is used to dispose of human bodies.    Apparently the
timing of the mad cow disease outbreak corresponds pretty well to
when Britain was importing a lot of this material.  So it might have
been regular human CJD that got modified when passed through cows.

Ginda