[NAFEX] Phosmet and Mad Cows

kieran or donna redherring at tnaccess.com
Fri Dec 23 22:24:31 EST 2005

Sunshine Lemme wrote:

Let me know when there is some scientific evidence like there is for prions.

Sunshine obviously didn't read the article, as it contains a great deal
of scientific evidence that Phosmet plus high Manganese causes prions to
deform and thus cause Mad Cow Disease.  Here are excerpts:
    " Ironically, both my own studies and those of Dr. David Brown
largely open up the final door of evidence in support of Prisiner's
concept. We have shown what causes the prion protein to transform into
its protease-resistant form (the disease-associated form).  Prisiner
himself is skeptical of "the-BSE-feed-caused-new-variant-CJD"
hypotheses. He was the only person (apart from myself) who suggested
this to the BSE inquiry!"
    "Follow-up trials by Case Western University in Cleveland and a
French team of scientists provided further confirmation. Both groups ran
postmortem analyses of brain tissue taken from those who had died of
conventional CJD. These tests revealed the same pattern of
high-manganese, low-copper as identified in TSE food chains, a tenfold
increase of manganese levels and 50 percent reduction in copper in
relation to control brains drawn from those who had died of natural
causes "
    I'm interested in trace mineral interactions anyway, so Lucky and I
have discussed this matter in the past.  An interesting little tidbit is
that the continental breeds of cattle now being raised in England
require 10X the copper that the native breeds need.  The article on the
Price Foundation site is very interesting reading, I recommend it to you
all.  It certainly made me feel better about eating meat or handling
dogfood or anything that might have come from not-so-healthy cattle.
The British govt and ICI would be liable for billions for their
mandatory warble control program using ICI's special formula, so they
absolutely do not want to fund any  research showing that they screwed
up.  Whereas, if the USDA or the American beef industry wanted to
further this research and publicize it, it would be very good for
American farmers.
    As for using Phosmet yourself, I highly recommend that you not
dribble 14% oil soluble Phosmet down your spine 4X a year while living
at a high altitude and indulging in a diet high in chicken manure.  I
think if you follow these simple precautions that you'll be alright.
  Donna