[NAFEX] Accurate well defined hardiness map.

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 09:11:06 EST 2005

Learn what your neighbors are growing.  If they are getting away with
growing healthy but border-line hardy material, try to figure out why.  In
this area, the "lucky" gardeners are actually not so lucky, but just benefit
from better soil, less tree shade, and a ridge or bluff protecting them from
prevailing winter winds.  They have great microclimates; I don't.  On the
other hand, I can give them plants and say "I know this will do great at
your place because it grows at mine."

tc, s. WI, trying to at least reduce the tree shade...