[NAFEX] Climate zone maps

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Dec 21 11:21:24 EST 2005

There are a lot of micro climates that the maps cannot take into
consideration. The best way I believe is to just go by the zone
temperatures, such as zone 7b - low is 5 to10 degrees, if that is your low
temperature average then that is your zone regardless of what any map says.
If you are not sure ask some longtime (reasonable) residents in your area
about the average lows or your local weather service. Keep in mind that the
zone does not take into consideration extreme fluxations, such as 50 year
lows, you are just looking for the average winter lowest temperatures.
Richard Ashton
Brownwood, Texas
zone 8a