[NAFEX] Eradicating Blackberry Plants

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Sat Dec 17 08:44:46 EST 2005

    When I eradicate a blackberry patch, I, first, mow them down to the
ground.  Then, when the sprouts are 4" to 6" tall, I give them a good dose
of Round-Up.  I usually need to repeat that two to three times then wait a
season to be sure I killed them all.  I must keep after them because if I
allow too much time between spraying, they become resistant to Round-Up
necessitating more drastic measures.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

We have some blackberries that just wont seem to die here in Zone 4/5 of
northern Illinois.  They have been plowed under at leat 4 times, raspberries
planted in their place, and they still came back and overtook the
raspberries.

Dennis Norton