[NAFEX] blackberry cold tolerance

M Stanton 6ducks at fuse.net
Thu Dec 15 12:16:46 EST 2005

With regard to blackberry cold tolerance, I would like to hear more about
what northern gardeners are experiencing as they attempt to grow
blackberries beyond zone 6.

If Jim's blackberries are frozen out above the snow line, is it the
insulating effects of the snow rather than desiccation that is making the
difference?

Any thoughts?

My master's work was with blackberries, and I would like to hear what others
have found in this regard, anecdotally or otherwise.

Does anyone else grow Fort Kent King, Illini Hardy, Cancaska, etc.??

Michele Stanton