[NAFEX] American persimmon on D. lotus rootstock

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch at sancharnet.in
Thu Dec 15 00:56:06 EST 2005

Dear Jerry,

The pictures are being sent as an attachment.  If you do not get these, please write me, I shall send you off the list.  The fruits are not yet ripe.  When they ripe, these are nearly black.

The grafts are placed about six inches higher than the ground.

The minimum winter temperature does not go below 25 F in the persimmon growing areas here.  In fact prersimmon is not an important fruit in India.  It was introduced in early 20th century by the British, but could not pick up.

I am also sending you an article that I had written it in the my weekly column which I had written or the newspaper, Hindustan Times (www.hindustantimes.com).

What kind of information you require on D. lotus.  Please write me and I shall send.

Best regards,

Very truly yours,

Dr.Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant of Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com