[NAFEX] Ornamental Blueberries

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sun Dec 11 23:25:52 EST 2005

I have some white cedar foundation plantings that are getting
overgrown.  I am thinking of removing them, and wondering what to
replace them with.  It would be fun to put in something that fruits. .
.  I am contemplating blueberries.

I am in zone 6.  The location is on the south side of my house, but
it's mostly shaded by oak trees, so I don't actually expect to get much
fruit.  I need something tall and narrow:  Mature width should be less
than 4', and height could be 15' or so, and should be at least twice
the width for esthetic reasons.

Anyone have suggestions in a tall, narrow, northern blueberry?
Preferably one with good fall color and red winter twigs?

Any other fruity suggestions?

Thanks,
Ginda