[NAFEX] Best Dwarfing Rootstock for Pears?

Ethan Natelson, M.D. natelson at stehlinclinic.com
Fri Dec 9 11:30:08 EST 2005

Actually, OH x F 513 as an interstem does produce dwarfing, in contrast to
Pyrodwarf, which does not.  Conference as an interstem is alleged to produce
50% dwarfing on seedling.  The interstems should be at least 12 inches in
length to get the maximal effect.  I believe the Van Weil Nurseries sell
Pyrodwarf.
[Ethan Natelson, M.D.]