[NAFEX] pH and Citrus

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Fri Dec 9 07:37:34 EST 2005

    I rely on my cheap pH meter and frequently calibrate it to a laboratory
model that we use for our jelly/jam/syrup processing.  The cheap model
always reads within a .1 or .2 as compared to the calibration, good enough
for garden/orchard work.  Ginda, yours was broken.  If I'd have had yours,
I'd throw it away too.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

I had one of those cheap pH meters, too.  I scrubbed it with steel wool
and stuck it in my soil.  It read 7.0.  I scrubbed it some more and wet
down the soil more.  It read 7.0.  I brought it inside and filled a
glass with one part vinegar and four parts water.  It read 7.0.  So I
threw it away.

Ginda