[NAFEX] Kaki Sex

Gene fidleir at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 08:14:17 EST 2005

  One way to test this virus theory would be to raise a Kaki from seed and plant it on its own roots in a KSD prone area isolated from other Kaki and Persimmons.  My understanding is that plant viruses aren't passed from mother to seed.  Own root and isolated would keep it virus free.  Then it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens - if anything.  For comparison, other seedlings from the same mother could be grafted to Persimmon rootstock and grown in isolation.

  Gene
  Washington, DC (zone 7)