[NAFEX] bark damage

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 19:51:43 EST 2005

That was a very interesting article you cited. I only had time to
look at it briefly, but what I got from the article is that pretty
much anything that you put on the wound will interfere or at least
not promote healing, with the possible exception of calcium. This is
in line with recommendations of the past few decades -- to leave
wounds exposed for best healing. This would not, of course apply to
grafts, which need to be covered so that the scions, as yet
unattached to the rootstocks, do not dry out.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden