[NAFEX] PH? potted citrus

John Smith friendly27sw at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 16:29:33 EST 2005

Where I live we have really hard, alkaline water.
This isn't very scientific but I bought a quart of
"liquid iron 4.6% and soil acidifier" a year ago at
Lowes for $4 and add about a tablespoon to a quart of
water every couple months to my potted plants that
were becoming chlorotic (orange, hibiscus, and
ornamental pepper primarily) and it's done wonders,
although I'm still getting a mineral buildup in the
pots from our water...  I think I need to drench them
and try and leach it out, but the iron and acidity
have really improved plant health.
zone 5b central MO